I used this word in a sentence today: webinar .. ugh.. it's like "savvy" .. something I'd prefer to keep out of my lexicon. I'll go wash my mouth out with soap now.
- This presentation describes some first year lessons from TransforMED's National Demonstration Project, a 2-year project designed to rigorously test the New Model proposed by FFM in real-world practices.
Pharyngitis quality of care in a retail health setting
(click on the pdf, leave comments, etc.)
This is a sobering study .. which validates what we all fear: patients get what they (think) they WANT – rather than what they NEED – in retail clinics.
Good service, bad medicine.
Why can't we find a way to deliver both?
Tags: BadMedicine retail
- Once considered an affliction of the lazy and indulgent, obesity now affects about one-third of Americans, most of them in these cities.
- During a year of being paid to give talks to doctors about an antidepressant, a psychiatrist comes to terms with the fact that taking pharmaceutical money can cloud your judgment.
- Free Lecture Notes, Syllabus, Tutorials, Audio & Video from MIT professors. All Free. No registration. | MIT OpenCourseWare | ocw.mit.edu
- This course will show how information technologies (IT) shape and redefine the health care marketplace. Students will learn how IT enhances medical care through: 1) improved economies of scale, 2) greater technical efficiencies in the delivery of care, 3)
- a Calorie Counter shows you the nutrition facts of every food you eat, for FREE. Count calories, carbs, protein, fat and more.
I'm a Proud member of the AMIA Primary Care Informatics Working Group and yesterday I attended a session hosted by the group at this year's annual meeting of AMIA.
It's great to be with a group of colleagues who are passionate about HIT and the potential that exists for healthcare. What's distinct is that the goals here have nothing to do with making money: the people here are physicians – and the goal is to improve the quality of care for our patients.
I (still) belive that if we do the right things – working toward THIS goal – the success of any related business will come easily. A successful business can't be the primary goal. Indeed – it's a secondary goal - just like learning should be every student's primary goal – rather than getting good grades.
Being @ AMIA is therefore an energizer for me – and I was inspired yesterday by Stasia Kahn – who has been working hard with the Northern Illinois Physicians for Connectivity.
Somehow – things are fitting together. So long as we keep the right goals at the top of the list – I think we'll get there.
Case pointed an accusatory plunger at thick toilet paper."The clogging problem is definitely going to be exacerbated by thick tissue," he said.